Unlike any other pet shampoos, rabbit shampoos are meant to be a fur or coat cleaning shampoo that will not damage the rabbit’s delicate skins. Rabbit is known for its natural fear of water; therefore, most rabbit owners are looking for the dry and spray type of shampoo for their furry friend.
A good dry rabbit shampoo will help in removing unwanted buildup dirt clumps and bad odors from the rabbit’s delicate skin. Otherwise, if you are not choosing shampoo carefully, some will affect your rabbit’s skin instead. This article is featured 10 best rabbit shampoos that we have found so far.
Best Rabbit Shampoo in 2022 Review
10. No Scent Small Animal – Professional Pet
Cleaning your pet’s body and cage can be tiresome for once in a while. Since this product is based on enzymes and probiotics, simply spraying it on and letting it sit and work is much simpler and more effective than scrubbing with a more traditional soap-based cleaner and shampoo.
- Advanced probiotic odor elimination: Engineered to be 100% safe and free of harmful chemicals for odor elimination.
- Safe for pets and owners: Made of natural, biodegradable, and environmentally friendly ingredients.
- Free of fragrance: Left with no scent after used for a healthier and fresher environment.
- Easy to use: Can be used without removing your pet from the cage.
Related post: Best Large Rabbit Cages in 2022
9. Pet Silk Bright White Shampoo
White fur babies are soft, fluffy, and all until its fur gets dirty and stained. Unfortunately, normal shampoo cannot be used with a white coat or fur as it contains dyes and bleach that are harmful. Pet Silk Bright White Shampoo is the perfect choice to solve your concerns for you and your beloved white furry friend.
- Restoring coat natural colors: It contains no bleach and dyes that are harmful to white coat and fur.
- Stain removal: It not only helps remove dirt but also stain that caused by tears, licking, and urines.
- Safe formulation: The product is formulated from natural and useful formulas only.
- Premium quality: Starting from manufacturing until the packaging process, the products are said to be environmentally friendly.
8. Pro Pet Works All Natural Organic Oatmeal Pet
If your pet suffers from skin problems such as allergies or skin dehydrated, you should choose this shampoo to ease its pain. Aloe Vera is the effective natural ability to soothe and smoothen skin problems. On top of that, this shampoo also contains Vitamin E from Almond Oil, which keeps skin cells in a healthy condition.
- Free of toxic chemicals: Toxic free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free.
- Recommended by a vet: Recommended by professional vets for being a compatible shampoo for pets.
- Natural ingredients: Extracted from natural ingredients to repair damaged and dry skin.
- Committed for Mother Earth: Made from 100% biodegradable materials which are good for nature.
7. Johnson’s Veterinary Products Small Animal
Johnson-Small Animal Shampoo is a perfect fit for small animals like rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. It is specially made from mild formulas and non-irritant for your pets. Also, it helps keep your pet’s skin soft and delicate. It is suitable to use for any small animals over 12 weeks of age.
- The product is suitable for any other small animals besides rabbits.
- It helps clean bacteria from your pet’s skin.
- It removes bad odors from your pet within seconds.
- The price is affordable for its quality.
6. J·R·LIGGETT’S Pet Shampoo
As suggested, this is a hypoallergenic type of shampoo as it will not sting, burn, or cause the reaction to your pet’s skin, hence it is suitable for sensitive skin and other skin problems. Because it is detergent-free, it leaves no smell after used which is suitable for owners or pets that have a sensitive nose.
- Gentle cleansing formula: Formulated from all-natural formula to create a mild and gentle shampoo.
- Ease itching and dry skin: Featured Virgin Coconut and Almond Oils to relieve itchiness and hydrate skin.
- Pet-safe ingredients: Free from detergents and GMOs that can damage your pet’s skin.
- Fragrance-free: Left with no scent or any smell after bath time.
5. Begley’s Natural No Rinse Waterless Pet Shampoo
Not all rabbits enjoy bath time with water. The easy way to cope with this is to get a waterless pet shampoo. Ideally suitable for rabbits, this natural waterless shampoo helps bath your lovely without having to deal with water. It helps clean your pet’s body while also eliminate the bad odors and replace with a pleasant aroma.
- All-natural formula: Made from non-toxic chemicals and biodegradable materials.
- Waterless shampoo: Cleaning your pet’s body efficiently without water and rinsing off.
- Easy to use: Spraying on a damp cloth and wiping your pet thoroughly from head to toe.
- Choices of scent: Available in 4 different scents – lavender, citrus, oatmeal mango, and tee tree.
You may also like: Best Rabbit Bedding in 2022
4. Kaytee Squeaky Clean Critter Shampoo 8-Ounce
This is another great product from Kaytee that fellow users highly recommend it. It is another dry shampoo product that you can use without water and rinsing off. The smell of your pet will goes away easily. Despite its strong scent, which might not be suitable for some users, this is a great deodorizer after all.
- It is pH balanced which makes it a tearless product.
- Helps eliminate bad odors and replace them with baby powder smell.
- It makes your pet soft, fresh, and smell good.
- The price is affordable.
3. Arm & Hammer Deodorizing Spray for Small Animals
The shampoo does not always have to be in liquid form. Sometimes, the dry shampoo is as effective as the liquid one while also time-saving. Just like this shampoo from the Arm & Hammer brand, a well-known brand, is a must-have shampoo for your pet.
- Cleans and freshens: It helps clean the bacteria from your pet’s coat while also remove the bad odors.
- Easy to use: With just a spray on your pet’s body and gentle massages, the bad odors will surely go away.
- Made from baking soda: Baking soda is well-known as a natural deodorizer to keep things clean.
- More than just a shampoo: You can also use this product to clean your pet’s home and its belongings.
2. Kaytee Quick & Clean Small Animal Shampoo Spray
This is a type of dry shampoo for rabbits that is no need to rinse off after spraying on your furry friend. It contains a formula that helps loosen dirt and dissolve oil on your pet’s coat. This product also contains mild leave-in ingredients that will not irritate your pet’s skin.
- It helps get rid of bad odors from your pet.
- Does not feature irritating leave-in formula for your pet’s skin.
- It is easy to use by just spraying on your pet.
- The price is very affordable for its quality.
1. Citrus Magic Foaming Pet Cleanser, 8-Ounce
Cleaning a small animal like a rabbit or kitten can be a hard task sometimes. Luckily, Citrus Magic’s Foaming Pet Cleanser is the perfect fit for the task. This cleansing foam eliminates bad odors from your pet easily while keeping its skin soft and gentle.
- It requires no water, no rinsing, and leaves no residue after use.
- It features a unique formula of vegetable enzymes that effectively clean the pet’s coat in second.
- The product is fragrance-free.
- It leaves no damage or reaction on the pet’s skin.
Learn more about: Best Outdoor Rabbit Cages in 2022
So there you have it, our recommendations for best rabbit-shampoo. There are lots of available options out there. Some might be good and some might be bad. Choosing the bad one will result in affecting our beloved little friend, and we hate to see them suffer.
Hopefully, our little guide will have you in finding a good shampoo better than before. Please be reminded that you are choosing a shampoo for your rabbit, not for yourself.
Have a nice day and enjoy your shopping!