Top 10 Best Parakeet Treats in 2021
Feeding your parakeet with treats might be the most satisfying thing you could feel, but did you know that those treats can also affect your pet’s health? Many manufacturers of parakeet treat out there focus only on producing tasty and delicious treats and overlook the nutrition that these treats can bring to one’s health.
Due to this concern, we have decided to research the parakeet treats available on the market nowadays and select only the beneficial ones. A good parakeet treat has to be delicious for the bird and also beneficial for their health. In this list, you will find 10 best parakeet treats among the rest.
You might also interested in Top 10 Best Hedgehog Heating Pad
Best Parakeet Treats in 2021 Review
10. Birds LOVE Spray Millet Non-GMO for Birds
Millet is the best treat your parakeet will love. Millet is a healthy treat that provides energy for birds. It is highly digestible which will digest easily and helps build the immune system of a bird. Millet is also full of important nutrients for your bird.
- You can store this product in a cool and dry environment for more than two years.
- It is a source of energy for parakeets.
- Can be a stress-reliever treat for a parakeet.
- It is made from all-natural ingredients.
Related post: Best Budgie Nest Box in 2021
9. Living World Spray Millet,17.6”.
Freshly harvested from the wild, Living World Spray millet is highly-suggested by many users. This treat is both nutritious and delicious for parakeets. You can either hang it on top of the cage or leave it on the floor and let your parakeets enjoy themselves.
- It is freshly harvested from the wild which means no additional formulas.
- Provides parakeets a new fun way of eating.
- Both delicious and nutritious.
- It is good for the birds’ digestive system.
8. LAFEBER’S Classic Avi-Cakes Pet Bird Food
This Avi-Cakes treat contains 50% pellets and 50% seeds. With this half and half combination, they offer a variety of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants that are essential for birds to live a healthy life.
- A bunch of essential nutrition formulas can be found in this treat.
- Artificial flavors and colors are not added.
- It helps support and improve your pet’s immune and digestive system.
- It is a perfect treat to prevent boredom of your pet.
7. F.M. Brown’s Tropical Carnival Sunflower Yummies Treat
If you do not enjoy blandly and boring food, neither do your pet. Finding them tasty and palatable treat is a form of love you can show to them. That is why they recommend Brown’s tropical carnival sunflower. It has a sweet flavor that parakeets find it hard to resist the treatment.
- It is a perfect treat to use for training purposes.
- The treat is covered in a sweet outer shell.
- It comes in many vibrant colors that attract birds’ attention.
- It is high in protein and nutrition.
6. Millet Spray for Birds
One of the best treats a parakeet love is a millet spray. The Kaytee brand is a highly-reviewed brand that produces high-quality of millet spray. Millet is a cereal grain that every bird loves to eat including parakeets.
- One package contains 12 millet spray.
- You can either hang the spray on top of the cage or place it on the cage floor.
- You can use it as a diary diet.
- Artificial colors or flavors are not added.
5. Vitakraft Mini-Pop Corn Cob Bird Treat
Does parakeet love corn? The answer is absolute YES. Parakeet is a kind of bird, after all, thus corn is their favorite treat. Corn can keep parakeets inside the cage active and engaging. They love to pick out each grain of corn until it is a bare cob.
- You can serve the corn un-popped freshly from the package.
- For a new taste, you can toss it into microwave first before serving.
- It is 100% real corn.
- It contains the necessary ingredients.
You may also like: Best Hanging Bird Cage in 2021
4. Kaytee Fiesta Blueberry Flavored
When it involves flavor, products that contain fruit flavors are an amazing treat for parakeets. Kaytee Fiesta Blueberry Flavored contains real fruit pieces and sunflower seeds. This treat is an excellent source to bond together with your pet parakeet.
- It is dipped in blueberry flavor yogurts for added flavor.
- The package is a resealable bag.
- It is a great treat to stimulate activities from your pet.
- It is full of nutritious ingredients.
3. Vitakraft Parakeet Treat
What is the best present you could ever give to your parakeet? It is none other than a treat that is delicious and beneficial for their health. This Parakeet treat from Vitakraft has it all. It comes from natural ingredients into a crunchy, tasty stick.
- It has a wood chew center after the treat part is gone.
- Good for a bird’s digestive system.
- It is a good treat to prevent boredom of parakeet.
- Tasty and nutritious.
2. Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Honey Bird Treat Sticks
Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health adds a new fun way to eat for your parakeet. It is very easy to use as it has a plastic hanger that you can hang the treat on top of the cage. It is recommended to use one stick per week only.
- It has tasty and full of nutritious flavor.
- Promotes stimulation for your pet to combat boredom inside the cage.
- It is attached to a plastic hanger.
- It includes natural prebiotic ingredients that are good for the digestive system.
1. Kaytee Fiesta Garden Veggie Treat Mix for Cockatiels
You should consider this treatment for your parakeet because it is full of healthy ingredients. Kaytee Fiesta Fruit & veggie is a combination of both fruits and vegetables. It helps add variety into your pet’s diet when they get tired of eating the same treat over and over again.
- The treat is formulated to suit with parakeets’ taste.
- It is a mixing of a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- If it is stored in a cool and dry place, it can last for a long time.
- It can be served as a parakeet’s daily main food.
To put all things into consideration, parakeet treats come in a wide range of flavors and prices. Parakeets are also animals which means the more food they receive, the happier they are. Feeding them the same old treat every day might make them feel bored. Try mixing your treat with different flavors and colors once in a while.
After reading the article, you should take note of the ones that catch your attention, and try them out one by one until you find the most suitable one.
Have a nice day, and please enjoy your shopping!