Top 10 Best Low Protein Diet For Dogs In 2020
To address serious health concerns, vets sometimes prescribe a low protein diet for dogs. If you are the parent of a dog with such a condition, you might have a hard time finding appropriate food. Buying balanced food with low protein can be a tough job. But to make the job easy for you and others out there, we’ve prepared a list of top 10 low protein dog foods. You can rest assured you are the best available products out there. So, let’s begin.
Best Low Protein Diet For Dogs Review
10. Premium Edge Lamb, Rice & Vegetables Dry Dog Food
Premium edge gets you the perfect balanced diet for a reasonable price. The main ingredient is real lamb meat. It does not contain any ground corn, soy or wheat. Other components include oatmeal, whole grain brown rice, and cracked pearled barley.
The meal is a complete package of necessary nutrition for your dog while keeping it low in protein. Taurine,1200 mg/KG Glucosamine Hydrochloride and 400 mg/KG Chondroitin Sulfate are some of them.
- 20.0% Crude Protein (min)
- Specially formulated as a low protein diet for dogs elder in age
- Contains no ground corn, soy or wheat
Learn more about: 10 Best Parakeet Treats in 2020
9. Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Low Protein Diet For Dogs
This canned food has been specially formulated to slow down any sign or progress of kidney-related diseases. Water, rice, meat by-products, corn grits are some of the main ingredients of this food.
The low protein diet for dogs reduces the workload of the kidney, and the low phosphorus prevents kidney damage. The added levels of Vitamin B-complex and Omega-3 fatty acids are also beneficial for the dogs.
- 2.5% Protein (min)
- Highly appetizing like other canned food
- Helps dogs with acute and chronic kidney disease, renal issues, and hepatic disease associated with encephalopathy
8. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Low-Fat Dog Food
This Gastrointestinal Canned Dog Food with low fat has balanced nutrients. The ingredients of this diet include water, pork by-products, rice flour, cornmeal corn grits, and many more.
Low fat and fiber content help your dog with increased nutrient absorption and reduced stress on the digestive system. This easily digestible, low protein diet for dogs is worth the money.
- 6.0% Crude Protein (min)
- Sufficient nutrients to meet the needs of dogs without overloading the stomach
- Highly appetizing
7. Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Dry Dog Food
Another healthy food variant from Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets. This 6 lb. bag of dry dog food decreases the amount of nitrogenous waste, which also helps the kidney function.
This package comprises nutrients like low potassium sodium, and boosted omega-6, omega-3, specifically formulated to support the urinary tract. If you want a value-for-money low protein diet for dogs, you can pick this one right away.
- 12% Protein (min)
- Decreases cysteine, urate, and urinary stone formation
- Deliciously prepared for dogs that are picky with their food
6. Royal Canin Dry Dog Food
This Royal Canin dog food provides a low protein diet specially formulated for dogs suffering from Lower Urinary Tract Disease (LUTD). Its ingredients include corn, brewer’s rice, chicken fat, and chicken by-product meal, among others.
Its reduced magnesium levels and increased omega-3 supports your dog’s urinary tract in fighting inflammation and infection.
- 14.0% Crude Protein (min)
- Delicious in taste
- Improves urinary health by supporting struvite dissolution
5. Solid Gold – Holistique Blendz
Holistique Blendz is a low protein diet for dogs manufactured by Solid Gold, an industry leader in dog food. It includes oatmeal, pearled barley, and ocean fish meal – to name a few.
This dog food has all the nutrients vital for your dog’s gut health and overall immune support. It also comes with a satisfaction guarantee from its manufacturer.
- 18.0% Crude Protein (min)
- Ingredients with non-GMO whole grains provide a rich source of fiber, B vitamins, and minerals
- Includes fiber-rich prebiotics
4. Mattie’s Healthy Treats
This low phosphorus and low protein diet for dogs is a worldwide popular product of Mattie’s Treats. It contains light rye flour, pure pumpkin, tapioca flour, omega three fish oil, cinnamon, and canola oil
You can easily break the pieces into smaller ones for your smaller dog breeds. Your dog will love the cinnamon and pumpkin-flavored treats.
- 6.8% Crude Protein (min)
- A portion of the sales goes to fund research on canine kidney disease eradication
- This tasty treat does not contain wheat, soy or corn
3. Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula
Let’s move on to our next pick as an ideal low protein diet for dogs – Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula. The ingredients of this 40 lbs. bag include real meat, whole grains, vegetables, and fruit.
This life protection formula has a perfect blend of necessary minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- 20.0% Crude Protein (min)
- Contains no corn, soy, wheat or artificial flavor
- Deliciously prepared for picky eaters
2. Hill’s Science Diet
This dry food from Hill’s Science Diet is popular among owners who need a low protein diet for their dogs. It’s easy to digest ingredients include whole grain wheat, chicken meal, whole grain sorghum, brown rice and brewer’s rice.
This dog food is rich in vitamin E and omega-six. These nutrients work for skin and improvement of coat quality as well as for healthy joints and comfortable mobility.
- 19.6% Protein (min)
- Contains antioxidant blend that comes with vitamins C to help build a strong immune system
- Does not contain any artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or unhealthy sweeteners
Related post: 10 Best Goats Milk for Puppies in 2020
1. Natural Balance Dry Low Protein Diet For Dogs
Although this dog food is known for its protein elements that are of high quality, it’s also a popular low protein diet for dogs. We’re obviously talking about the sweet potato & bison formula from Natural Balance. This diet is a rich source of DHA, an element that helps to keep dog brains focused and sharp. It also keeps the skin healthy, with a shiny coat.
Its ingredients formula includes brown rice, flax seeds, and essential oils. These ingredients are rich in fiber and omega-three fatty acids.
- 20.0% Crude Protein (min)
- Contains no artificial ingredients, colors or preservatives
- Free from gluten-rich grains
- Various flavors like venison, chicken, and fish are available
Now you know the top 10 picks from the vast collections of premium quality low protein dog foods. Now the choice is yours. Make the best out of this list by choosing the right one for you. One thing is guaranteed here – you are definitely getting value for the money you spend.