Top 10 Best Low Fat Dog Foods in 2021
Fats or lipids, though frowned upon, are actually a very important part of a Low Fat Dog Foods. Firstly, they are molecules of extra energy that get stored in an animal’s body for later use. They form a layer called blubber or adipose tissue which insulates animals in colder regions. Too little or too much of it, though, may initiate trouble. One of the lingering concerns regarding animal health is the rising trend of obesity. It is almost as if the trend demands our canine friends to consume more fatty foods because the fatter they are, the cuddlier they become. The price that a dog has to pay for being “cute and snuggly” is way too high. An obese dog has higher chances of diabetes, osteoarthritis, pancreatitis, high blood pressure, and kidney disease.
Pet owners, think no more and switch to low-fat diets for your dogs. Take a look at the 10 best low fat dog foods available!
You might be also like: Fruits That Dogs Can Eat
Best Low Fat Dog Foods in 2021 Review
10. HILL’S SCIENCE DIET Wet Low Fat Dog Foods
Product Description: This brand of Low-Fat Dog Foods will provide balanced nutrition to your adult doggy!
Nutritional value and quality: The contents come in cans and are specially formulated with omega-3 fatty acids to improve the skin and fur condition of your pet, and proteins to make your pup muscular.
- Omega-3 fatty acids improve the skin and fur in just 30 days
- Contains Vitamins C and E to build up a stronger immunity
- Contains vegetable fibers to fulfill the appetite of the pup
- The formula is 19% lower in calories
Related post: Best High Protein Dog Food
9. NULO Adult Grain Free Dog Food
Product Description: Treat your furry friends right with NULO brand Low-Fat Dog Foods, rated with 4.5 stars on Amazon!
Nutritional value and quality: The Low-Fat Dog Foods is rich in meat-proteins and probiotics, and has a very low carb level. It also does not have any allergy-triggering grains.
- It does not contain fibers or grains of corn, gluten or soy—no fake additives
- Has special BC30 probiotics
- Features Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids
- The meat ingredients come from salmon, lamb, and turkey
8. STEVE’S REAL FOOD Freeze-Dried Raw Nuggets – Low Fat Dog Foods
Product Description: These nuggets will be the tastiest treats for your furry munchkin!
Nutritional value and quality: The nuggets are raw and available in 6 different flavors. They are rich in vitamins and omega fatty acids.
- Cod liver and coconut oil are some ingredients—rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids
- Fruits and vegetables are the sources of vitamins
- 100% free of hormones and antibiotics
- Has raw goat’s milk in it
You also might like: Best Organic Dog Food
7. NUTRO Wholesome Essentials
Product Description: This Low-Fat Dog Foods is wholesome—a perfect balance of taste and nutrition!
Nutritional value and quality: Dogs love meat, therefore the contents of this feed are rich in proteins from beef, lamb, and chicken. There is no by-product, corn or soy protein, or artificial flavors in it.
- Both dry and wet contents are available
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- The chickens used have been raised in farms; contents have omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
6. SOLIMO Basic Dry Dog Food with Grains
Product Description: If you want your sweet lil pups to be happy, then keep them healthy with Solimo Low-Fat Dog Foods!
Nutritional value and quality: Available in two different flavors—beef and chicken—this yummy Low-Fat Dog Foods has corn in it as the number 1 ingredient.
- Well balanced nutrition
- In the chicken flavor, crude fat level is only 10%
- In the beef flavor, fat level stands at 8.5%
Learn more: Best Dog Food Without Chicken
5. PEDIGREE Adult Dry Dog Food
Product Description: This Low-Fat Dog Foods is packed with wholesome goodness!
Nutritional value and quality: Available as dry content, the dog food is enriched with nutrients derived from roasted chicken, rice and vegetables.
- The content is rich in omega-6 fatty acids for a healthy and shiny coat
- The feed is a special blend of chicken, whole grains and fibers
- Devoid of added sugar and high fructose corn syrup
4. PURINA BENEFUL Medleys Variety Wet Dog Food
Product Description: This Low-Fat Dog Foods is ideal for the maintenance of adult dogs and its content is so yummy that your doggy will savor it!
Nutritional value and quality: It is a sauce that can be mixed with the furry pup’s main dry meal to enhance the flavor by ten folds.
- Contents have real meat, whole grains, and vegetables in them
- It is available in three different flavors—Tuscan, Romana, and Mediterranean
3. NATURE’S RECIPE Adult Dry Low Fat Dog Foods
Product Description: Nature’s Recipe makes sure that you keep getting a lick and a nuzzle from your furry bestie for a long, long time!
Nutritional value and quality: The content is rich in proteins, and the kibbles are shaped so that pups with small mouths can chew on them easily.
- The kibbles are perfectly sized for small mouths
- Contains zero corn or wheat carbohydrates
- Contains high-quality protein and wholesome rice
2. WHOLE EARTH FARMS Grain-Free Small Breed Recipe
Product Description: Your cuddly buddy will shake your hands and wag its tail when you give it food straight from the earth!
Nutritional value and quality: This Low-Fat Dog Foods is rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- Source of proteins—beef, pork, and lamb meat
- Vitamin and mineral sources—dried blueberry, sage, thyme, and rosemary
- Grain source—whole barley and brown rice
1. SUPREME SOURCE Premium Dry Dog Food
Product Description: Give your dog a carefree life with this balanced and nutritious dog food!
Nutritional value and quality: The content is dry and grain-free; it contains essential-B vitamins, proteins, and minerals.
- Essential B Vitamins and zinc help with inflammatory problems
- Proteins present are specially formulated to build dogs’ muscles
- Fruit and vegetable content—peas and lentils
- Peas give natural fibers, and lentils are rich in manganese, iron, and zinc
- Organic seaweeds and powerful probiotics are also present
Also check out: Automatic Cat Food Dispensers
Dogs, according to their ancestral origin, are meant to be hunters. They pursue their prey, pin it down and feed on it—it is in their blood. In order to hunt, they need to be strong, lean and muscular therefore a diet of high protein and Low-Fat Dog Foods is best for them.