Fitness has always been the key to a long and healthy life, but it is especially true in modern times, where we are bombarded with stress and anxiety, with our back against a wall of sugary and high-fat foods. Do not let this be the same situation for your beloved pets. They cannot make a choice for themselves therefore you need to choose the correct diet and lifestyle for them.
Maintain a low calorie diet both for you and your pet— in fact, start now, as we speak! There are a number of low calorie dog treats available. Choose one and gift your pet the life you want for yourself.
Best Low-Calorie Dog Treats in 2022
8. BOUNTY BITES Jerky Trainers with Salmon Low Calorie
These low calorie treats are great when you are training your dogs up!
Nutritional value and quality: The soft chewy salmon jerkies are 100% grain-free and a great favorite among pups.
- Each treat contains only 2 calories.
- Very tasty and chewy so dogs love them
- No gluten, soy, wheat, corn or fillers
Check this: Top 10 Best Freeze Dried Dog Food in 2022
7. PET PEEVE GEAR Best Dog Treats Grain & Gluten Free
Now you can feed your dog with tasty treats without any fear of intoxication.
Nutritional value and quality: Each bag contains two different flavors which are chicken and sirloin. The contents are low fat and sugar-free, therefore low calorie.
- No preservatives or fillers. As a result, it contains 100% original and pure content.
- Main ingredients are chicken and sirloin meat, sweet potatoes, and carrots.
- Protein content is 50%; fat content is 15%.
- Excellent for sensitive stomachs, allergy, diabetes, obesity and dental health in dogs
6. REALLY NATURAL 5 Calorie Superfood Dog Treats
These treats are amazingly effective for dogs suffering from diabetes and obesity.
Nutritional value and quality: The main ingredients of these treats are whole grain oat flour, blueberries, chia seeds, and peanut butter. Each treat is only 5 calories.
- High fiber oats and chia manage blood sugar levels and boost nutrient absorption giving your dogs that “full stomach” feeling.
- Great in alleviating digestive, allergy and obesity
- Chia seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids.
5. LUCKY PREMIUM TREATS Chicken Wrapped Rawhide Chews
These treats are specially made for your best friend!
Nutritional value and quality: These premium-quality treats are wrapped with chicken meat. The chicken used is 98% fat-free. The content is gluten and grain-free thus low calorie.
- The chews are hand-wrapped with chicken, the chickens being farmed in the USA.
- Protein content is 87% while the fat content is only 1%.
- The pieces are very chewy which improves your dog’s dental health.
- No gluten, hormones, GMO or antibiotics
4. MEDI-PAWS Organic Calming Hemp Treats
If your dog does not like sugary or salty treats, these hemp treats might do the trick!
Nutritional value and quality: These treats are made of 100% organic hemp oil. Each treat contains only 24 calories.
- Ingredients include hemp flower, cannabis oil, yeast, pumpkin seed.
- The treats do not contain any sugar or salt.
- No preservatives or colorings
- Extra benefits of hemp oil are stronger immunity, improved digestion, distressing.
You might want to see: Best Grain Free Dog Treats in 2022
3. HUNTER Dog Treats Grain Free
These treats are great for dogs undergoing training.
Nutritional value and quality: These tasty treats are made of 100% chicken, sugar, and gluten-free.
- The main ingredients in this treat are chicken and vegetables.
- These heart-shaped treats are great for dogs of all breeds and ages.
- No preservatives, hormones or antibiotics
2. Tweedle Crunchy 100% USDA Natural Chicken Stix Jerky
Dogs go ga-ga over these gourmet treats!
Nutritional value and quality: Made of high-quality chicken breast, where protein content is 78% and fat content is only 6%.
- The treats are 100% organically made, with pure chicken breast grown in the USA.
- Grain and gluten-free
- No preservatives or bulking agents present
1. Flipo Calorie Liquid Dog Treats
No more fussing around with food bowls and dispensers!
Nutritional value and quality: This liquid treat is bottled in a special container that has a roller-ball top which when opened releases just the right amount of liquid for your dog to lick.
- Available in two flavors—smoky bacon and peanut butter
- Low calorie—only 1 calorie per 10 licks
- Great for training purposes
- No preservatives present
To conclude, high-calorie diets will give a lot of energy to your dogs to do all that goofing along throughout the day. But feeding them high-calorie, high-sugar and high-fat treats will inevitably thrust them toward the ill-fated obesity, from where a come-back is often in return of a heavy price.
Take care of your furry friends and feed them wisely. Choose a low calorie diet for your pet. Ketogenic diets are very pet-friendly—the plan advises the intake of a high amount of proteins and low quantities of fats and carbohydrates. This diet will help maintain a lean body mass for your dog.