The immune system of a dog protects it from harmful microorganisms and helps it to recover from illnesses. At times, these immune system responses may get too overwhelming and prove to be harmful to the dog, instead of useful. When does that happen? It is when dogs grow allergies. There are certain allergens in the atmosphere or food items that may trigger the immune system to attack that substance, though that substance is not at all harmful.
Unfortunate as it may sound, it is real and should be taken seriously by pet owners. Allergy symptoms in dogs could range from sneezing, coughing, and scratching to vomiting and diarrhea. A vet will tell you the cause of the allergy. If it is something in the food, the best course of action would be to change the diet.
There are different choices of hypoallergenic dog treats available. Let’s take a look.
Best Hypoallergenic Dog Treats Reviews
10. HILL’S PRESCRIPTION DIET Hypoallergenic Canine Treats
These hypoallergenic dog treats are great for dogs with skin sensitivity.
Nutritional value and quality: Develop by nutritionists and veterinarians, these dog biscuits are made of hydrolyzed chicken liver.
- Hydrolyzed chicken liver alleviates conditions like skin allergies in dogs.
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids help make a shinier coat.
- Vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are added to help maintain healthy skin.
- The biscuits are crunchy which helps clean the gaps between teeth.
9. MOSAIC Ostrich Burgers Exotic Dog Treats
If your dog is allergic to chicken, beef, or pork, these jerkies will definitely help.
Nutritional value and quality: The main protein source of these jerkies is ostrich meat, which is pasture-raised in American farms.
- Ostrich meat is a great alternative to chicken, pork, or beef.
- The ostriches are grass-fed so the meat is free of hormones and antibiotics.
- Gluten, wheat, soy, and corn-free
8. REALLY NATURAL 5 Calorie Superfood Dog Treats
They are excellent for dogs with food allergies and gut problems.
Nutritional value and quality: These munchies are heart-shaped and the blend contains a high fiber content of chia seeds and whole oats.
- Chia and oat helps regular blood sugar levels, nutrient absorption, and a feeling of satisfaction.
- Each treat gives 2.5 calories.
- High fiber content with omega fatty acids do wonders for overweight dogs
7. Forza10 Wet Dog Food Actiwet Hypoallergenic Fish Recipe
This blend is super helpful for dogs with minor dermatitis.
Nutritional value and quality: The protein source is Icelandic salmon, and the content is broth-like—great to be served as a food topping or treat.
- The formula is great for dogs with skin allergies and hair loss.
- The blend is gluten-free and rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- High protein, fat and fiber content—suitable for all ages and breed of dogs
6. ZESTY PAWS Multivitamin Treats for Dogs
Your bestie will feel zesty with this multi-vitamin blend!
Nutritional value and quality: The blend has a 5-in-1 formula focusing on 5 different health areas. The formula has OptiMSM which is a pure form of Methylsulfonylmethane or MSM, helpful for joint mobility.
- Healthy skin and fur—cod liver oil, vitamin E and biotin
- Hip and joint health—glucosamine, chondritin and OptiMSM
- Healthy digestion—digestive enzymes and probiotics, to maintain a rich microflora
- Vitamins A, C, and E to support a healthy immune system
- Folic acid and Kaneka Q10 (pure CoQ10) to support a healthy heart
- Anti-itch formula– hypoallergenic
Check this: Top 10 Best Liver Dog Treats In 2022
5. PETHONESTY Probiotics for Dogs
This probiotic-enriched product is effective for dogs suffering from gastrointestinal conditions.
Nutritional value and quality: The blend is enriched with the nutrients from pumpkin, helpful microorganisms, enzymes, and Greek yogurt.
- Excellent at the reduction of symptoms like diarrhea, sensitive stomach, vomiting
- It has 4 lactobacillus probiotic strains for the regrowth of gut microflora.
4. PET TIME Turkey Tendon Natural Dog Treat
This very simple but delicious treat will keep your dogs barking for more!
Nutritional value and quality: Made from pure Turkey meat, these treats are very good for the skin and fur of pups and will also help in weight reduction.
- 100% pure all-natural strips of meat made from turkey tendons
- No additives, chemicals, preservatives, colorings, hormones or steroids– hypoallergenic
- The turkeys used are grown in American farms.
- The treat is completely handmade and slow roasted for maximum flavor enhancement.
- Extremely chewy so good for dog’s dental health
3. VETWELL Dry Skin Treatment for Dogs
These hypoallergenic dog treats are a great relief for dogs who have itchy and scaly skin.
Nutritional value and quality: Excellent for relief from allergies, these chewy bits are rich with omega fatty acids.
- The formula contains the powerful blend of omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids.
- Omega fatty acids are great for moisturizing skin and making coats shinier.
- Omega fatty acids also help to boost cardiovascular and immune functions, reducing inflammation.
Related Post: Top 10 Best Diabetic Dog Treats In 2022
2. BEST PET SUPPLIES LLC Dog itching Skin Relief
These all-natural plant-based treats will offer a refreshing twist in your dog’s diet!
Nutritional value and quality: The two most powerful ingredients in this blend are turmeric powder and coconut oil because they have excellent anti-inflammatory and hypoallergenic qualities.
- Contains hemp oil which is rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids which have anti-inflammatory properties and packed with antioxidants
- Turmeric is a plant ingredient that offers joint and bone pain reliefs.
- Black pepper extract helps in increasing digestive processes and boosting energy levels.
- Coconut oil is highly hypoallergenic improving skin conditions like itchiness.
1. NaturVet – Aller-911 Allergy Aid Plus Antioxidants
Dogs are family members so they deserve the best!
Nutritional value and quality: It uses the Aller-911 formula, which is a rich blend of omega fatty acids, turmeric and pumpkin powder to alleviate skin allergies.
- The blend also contains antioxidants to help combat environmental pollutants.
- Omega fatty acids with DHA and EPA—for better skin.
To sum up, look for early signs of allergic reactions in your dogs. If you see your fur-ball scratching its body or sneezing a lot, you need to take a hint. If it looks at you with puppy-dog tear-filled eyes and you find red blotches on its skin, be wary. Your dog might be allergic to certain things in the atmosphere or in the food you are giving him.