Top 10 Best High Protein Dog Food in 2020
Obesity in dogs is as pressing an issue as it is in humans. The fine line of difference between having “a lot of food” and “having nutritious food” is slowly disappearing into oblivion.
A ketogenic diet is very helpful for growing pups and adult dogs. These are diets with high protein content and low carbohydrate content.
Scroll down to find out 10 of the best high protein dog foods available for your furry friends!
Best High Protein Dog Food Reviews
10. KETONA Chicken Recipe Dry Food
Ketona has revolutionized the concept of dieting for dogs with their high protein dog foods!
Nutritional value and quality: The contents contain raw kibbles, which are low in carbs and high in proteins. It has 85% fewer carbohydrates than grain-free kibbles and 46% proteins.
- The nutrition derives from non-GMO chicken.
- No presence of soy, wheat, potatoes, rye, barley or rice
- Less than 0.5% of sugars
9. DIAMOND NATURALS Skin & Coat Real Meat
This formula is great for dogs with skin allergies!
Nutritional value and quality: The formula is packed with superfoods—immune-boosting antioxidants and energy-rich carbohydrates. It is grain-free, salmon flavored, and probiotic-enriched.
- Ingredients are a wholesome mixture—salmon, potatoes, lentils, flaxseeds, pumpkins, coconut, spinach, and carrots, to name just a few.
- Crude proteins are 25%, while crude fat is only 14%.
- Rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids—excellent for a shiny coat and allergy-free skin
- No artificial colors or preservatives added.
8. CRAVE Grain Free High Protein Dog Food
Dogs, being canines, crave to bite and tear, and proteins are perfect for that!
Nutritional value and quality: The diet is rich in proteins—a nutrient that dogs have an in-built craving for, backed by their ancestral nature.
- Protein source—salmon and ocean fish
- Protein content is 34%.
- No chicken, soy, or wheat proteins added.
Don’t forget to check: Top 10 Best Holistic Dog Foods of 2020
7. VISIONARY PET High Protein Dog Food
Remember, dogs love proteins, not carbohydrates, so always choose a low-carb diet for your pups.
Nutritional value and quality: The diet is ketogenic—low in carbohydrates and high in proteins. This formula improves the health of the coat and is hypoallergenic.
- Content of carbohydrates—less than 1 gram per cup
- Grain-free formula—can be served dry or water could be added to it
- Protein source—100% of sustainably grown chickens
- Meets AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profile
6. PURINA ONE SmartBlend Dog Treats
Your furry buddies with lolling tongues and wagging tails want to play, and to play they need strong muscles and bones which Purina dog food takes care of.
Nutritional value and quality: The formula’s protein comes from poultry, fish, and real meat. The recipe contains 32% proteins and is available both dry and wet in varieties of flavorful bites.
- Protein source is salmon, beef, and chicken which improves wear and tear of the muscles.
- Contains glucosamine which improves the strength of joints
- The dry version comes in tiny, meat-like morsels.
- Rich in vitamin B, K, and E
5. KETOGENIC PET FOODS High Protein Dog Food
Pet obesity is on the rise in the current times due to carbohydrate-based diets. Switch immediately to high-protein diets to gift your play buddies a healthy and long life!
Nutritional value and quality: The content is specially formulated to be low in carbohydrates and starches.
- The contents arrive as kibbles—rich in proteins and fats, has very low carb levels.
- The protein content is more than 60%.
- Fights inflammation and obesity, and maintain optimal blood sugar level
- Protein source—mainly chicken
4. ONLY NATURAL PET Powerfusion Grain Free Dog Food
Available in three great flavors—chicken, lamb, and duck—this power-boosting dog food formula will make your dogs drool all over you!
Nutritional value and quality: This brand utilizes the powerfusion concept of mixing nutrients as their formula contains an adequate amount of proteins, complex carbs, healthy oils, fruits, and vegetables.
- Powerfusion ensures that all micronutrients are present—proteins, carbs, vitamins, and minerals.
- 3 foods in 1 formula—deboned lamb, pork meat bites, and fruits and veggies
- Available in 3 flavors—poultry feast, red meat feast, and wild feast
- Grain-free, no soy or potatoes, no artificial colors or preservatives
Check out this: Top 10 Best Diabetic Dog Foods in 2020
3. SUPREME SOURCE Premium Dry Dog
Growing dogs need sufficient nutrition and nutrition is given by this high-protein diet.
Nutritional value and quality: This dog food has a blend of all superfoods—proteins, carbs, vitamins, and minerals. The protein source is mainly wild boar meat.
- Grain-free—therefore zero presence of wheat, corn or soy
- Protein source is pork—rich in essential B vitamins and zinc which fights against inflammation.
- Wild boar protein is highly effective for muscle building.
- Peas provide fibers and carbs, lentils provide minerals for better digestion and healthy heart
2. MOSAIC Ostrich Burgers Exotic Dog Treats
Do you want your dog to run at a super-fast speed to get that frisbee for you? Give it a high-protein diet.
Nutritional value and quality: This formula uses ostrich meat as the protein source.
- Ostrich meat is low-fat, suitable for a lean muscle build-up in dogs.
- Available in jerky pieces—gluten and grain-free
- Ostriches are pasture-raised and grass-fed, so hormone and antibiotic-free.
1. ARTEMIS Fresh Mix Dry Dog Food
After smelling this recipe, your dogs will wolf-down before you can hold them back.
Nutritional value and quality: The fresh mix formula includes 6 sources of proteins—chicken, turkey, duck, salmon, chicken, and fish meal.
- Grain and gluten-free, no GMO product
- High protein diet ensure lean body, stronger muscles and joints, and less fattiness.
- The formula contains salmon oil instead of canola oil—higher content of omega 3 and 6.
- Content includes decaffeinated green tea ensures a healthy metabolism
Related Post: Top 10 Best Vegetarian Dog Food in 2020
In conclusion, proteins are body-building foods, which help in making new tissues and repair the worn-out ones. A dog can recover from injuries quicker, run faster, and retain healthier skin and shinier coats for longer if it has sufficient amino-acid building nutrients in its body.
A diet rich in proteins, minerals, and omega fatty acids does exactly that, therefore ensure such a balanced diet for your loyal friend.