Best Frog Habitats in 2020
Frogs are relatively inexpensive when compare to many other pets such as dogs and cats. While the starting costs may be between $100 and $300, the basic maintenance cost is quite easily affordable and foods are quite cheap. With an average life span of 5-10 years, some of them can live up to 15-25 years in age.
Now while building a house of your pet, you need to choose a terrarium, prepare and add substrates and accessories like plants, lights, thermometer, etc. The main characteristic of a terrarium is that it is rather tall than wide. As for the size, it depends on your frog. We have made the first step easy for you by choosing our own top best frog habitats.
The Best Frog Habitats Reviews
8. Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium
These Terrariums come in 3 different sizes. With full front glass opening door and stainless screen top, this is quite ideal for your younger pet. The wide dimension in the front allows you to see your frog from a broader angle.
The full front side has a glass-opening door. There is also space for accommodating light clamps or light bars. The specialized screen on the top keeps feeder insects in while only allowing penetration of UVA and UVB.
- The doors are lockable but locks are not included.
- There are 6 power cords and airline tubing exit slots.
7. Exo Terra All Glass Terrarium
The Exo Terra Terrarium is a beautiful design with a realistic sandy backdrop. Your frog will feel right at home.
The swinging door makes it easy to play with your frog easily. The bottom has been raised to fit a substrate heater or create a water feature.
- The size of the glass is 12” X12” X18”.
- Inlets for wires and tubes are closable.
6. Hagen Exo Terra Short All Glass Terrarium
These are low sized compared to others but gives a huge space to your frog for roaming around. One of the biggest challenges on regular terrariums with using lamps is that they might damage the surface.
The lower base is waterproof. The front doors can be opened separately. But lamps of several models can be used for heating in this terrarium.
- Inlets are closable.
- The bottom is waterproof.
- Supports lamp PT2055 or 0T2077 with bracket PT2223
5. Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium Waterfall Kit
Zilla has been developing terrariums for a long period. And with their new products, they have hardly failed to create new standards. This terrarium kit is a great addition to any habitat.
The waterfall enhances the beauty of the terrarium and provides water supply to it. It is all you need to maintain the humidity level in your frog’s environment.
- The kit includes a water pump, hydro balls, terrarium mesh, plastic tubing, and plastic elbow.
- It sizes 11.6X7.4X3.9 inches and can set in any terrarium.
4. Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium – Frog Kit
Make a comfortable home for your pet. Save your money and time by buying this easy to set-up device.
Though it is a small one, it is great for a starter. Anyhow, there have been complaints about leakages and annoyingly sticky stickers.
- Front Glass terrarium with UVA and UVB penetration from the top side
- Usually, the base is leak proof.
- It consists of closets for water lines and other accessories.
You might want to see: Top 10 Best Reptile Tanks in 2020
3. Exo Terra AllGlass Terrarium
We’ve already listed one Exo Terra Terrarium on our list earlier. But this one seems to be special for being larger. You definitely want to give your frog much more freedom to roam around and explore.
They have patented front windows for ventilation and raised bottom frame. The larger heart comes to a bigger space.
- Full Glass terrarium.
- Dual front doors prevent pets from escaping.
- Includes all necessary decoration items.
- The size of the terrarium is 18X18X24 inches.
2. Exo Terra Glass Natural Terrarium Nano/Tall
Exo Terra has introduced so many terrariums with such different priorities that we had to put three of them on the top list. This one is specialized for frogs, as they need more space on height than length or width.
The products of Exo are quite sturdy and hefty. Two entrances make it easier to feed anything. This might be your best selection from Exo Terra for keeping a pet frog.
- Full glass terrarium
- Dual front doors prevent pets from escaping.
- It includes all the necessary decoration items.
- The size of the terrarium is 8X8X12 inches.
1. Zilla Vertical Tropical Kit
This comes in the first of the list of best frog habitats. If you’re a first-timer in having a pet frog, then the Reptihabit from Zoo Med Laboratories can assist you to create an ideal habitat for frogs.
It is a high-quality item and contains all the items needed for creating the most ideal and comfortable habitat. Even the package is reinforced, so it doesn’t get damaged while traveling. It is a great starting for your frog.
- It holds up to 11 gallons of water.
- Smaller than normal Halogen Dome with light
- Front opening entryway with locking hook and pivoted screen top
- Ships with fortified packing to ensure items’ safety
Finally, as you are deciding to buy frog habitats, we would ask you to keep a list of the items you need to buy. Many of the frogs are facing extinction due to the unplanned petting of wild frogs.
Some of them are poisonous too. So, buy frogs from pet stores only. Additionally, decorate your terrarium beautifully to welcome the newest member of your family. Happy Petting!