Top 10 Best Diabetic Dog Foods in 2021
In America, since the 1970s, the rate of diabetes in dogs has gone up by 3 folds. In that rate, 1 out of every 160 dogs is getting affected with this disease which is quite alarming. When the canine’s body fails to produce or absorb insulin, it shows signs of diabetes mellitus.
Among other symptoms, the main ones to look out for are weight loss, excessive thirst, hunger, and urination. One of the reasons for this alarming rate of diabetes in dogs is obesity which slowly makes an overweight body resistant to insulin. Obesity can control by ketogenic diets. As a result, we come up with these top 10 best diabetic dog foods.
You might be also like: Beneful Wet Dog Food
Best Diabetic Dog Foods in 2021
10. KETONA Chicken Recipe Low Carb
Ketona dog food contains 85% fewer carbohydrates than other grain-free products, thus fit for dogs suffering a glucose imbalance.
Nutritional value and quality: The starch level is less than 5% and the sugar level is below 0.5%.
- Ketogenic formula has less than 0.5% sugar, and 46% protein.
- Protein source is mainly chicken.
- Vitamins and minerals
- No corn, soy, wheat, GMO’s or antibiotics
9. ORIJEN High-Protein Grain Free Premium Quality Meat
This grain-free formula is ideal for pups that are obese or diabetic.
Nutritional value and quality: The blend is rich in proteins deriving from chicken, turkey, eggs, flounder, and herring.
- Biologically appropriate diet—the ingredients contain raw meat, cartilage, and bones which gives wild prey impression to the pups.
- 85% of the content is meat, and 15% is veggies and fruits.
- Ingredients are fresh, cultured, and harvested in farms.
Check out this awesome: Low Protein Diet For Dogs
8. Ketogenic Pet Foods Dog & Cat Food
These kibbles are high in proteins and low in carbohydrates, an excellent diabetic dog food.
Nutritional value and quality: Starch-based diet contains starch fillers which can cause inflammation in the gut causing gastrointestinal and pancreatic disorders, resulting in obesity or diabetes, so pups should preferably be given protein-rich diets instead.
- Ketogenic kibbles are rich in proteins, fats, and micronutrients.
- The protein content is 60% which is excellent for healthy skin and shiny fur.
- Also, we can use it as a primary meal or as a supplement for a dog.
7. Annamaet Lean Diabetic Dog Foods
This formula works wonders in reducing obesity and fighting pancreatitis and diabetes in suffering pups!
Nutritional value and quality: The formula has been produced in consultation with veterinarians—low fat and high proteins.
- The formula has low fat, high proteins, lots of omega fatty acids, and L-carnitine.
- It contains algae that are rich in omega fatty acids which are great for brain development.
- In addition, the presence of L-carnitine also ensures fat is burnt and lean body mass is produced.
Check this: Dog Foods for Pancreatitis
6. DIAMOND NATURALS Dog Food
Packed with superfoods and probiotics, this dog food gives your furry friends holistic nutrition.
Nutritional value and quality: The formula contains chicken, oatmeal, and eggs mainly.
- The formula gives your pups an optimal supply of fats and proteins.
- Added glucosamine and chondroitin in order to help strengthen joints
- Added fibers and probiotics also keep the digestive system clean and healthy
- Rich in omega fatty acids and vitamins
5. VISIONARY PET – Keto Diabetic Dog Foods
A healthy dog is a happy dog, and a very good way of keeping your pups healthy is by providing them a protein-rich diet!
Nutritional value and quality: The ketogenic formula believes in the high content of proteins and low content of carbohydrates. Ketogenic diet puppies have been reported to be defecating healthily and bloating less.
- Protein source is only chicken— as a result, there are no additives or fillers.
- Very low content of carb—only 1gram per cup
- Water can be added before serving to release the irresistible aroma.
4. ACANA Dog Protein Rich Dog Food
Completely grain-free and rich in proteins, this blend would be helpful if your babies are overweight or diabetic.
Nutritional value and quality: The formula has a combination of bird meat with fruits and vegetable medley, in addition to freeze-dried liver makes the blend irresistibly tasty to pups.
- Protein source—duck, turkey or quail
- Grain content—zero
- Ketogenic formula ensures a high protein to carb ratio.
- The birds are reared naturally in ranches situated in Kentucky.
3. SOLID GOLD Holistic Diabetic Dog Foods
Change the diet of your furry buddies from high-carb to high-protein and watch your friends thrive!
Nutritional value and quality: Superfoods like rind, skin, juice, and pulp, which provide fibers and antioxidants are used in the blend. The content is also rich in probiotics and omega fatty acids.
- Protein source—Alaskan Pollock which is enriched with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- Probiotics nourish the microbiome of the gut keeping the digestive tract healthy—feces would be dry and solid, not watery, therefore easy to clean.
- Low fat and low-calorie diet—perfect for diabetic dogs
- The superfoods also include lentils, pumpkin, broccoli, and sesame oils.
2. WELLNESS Chicken Liver & Turkey Liver Recipe Wet Dog Food
Your snuggly buddies will wolf-down on their bowls, face first when they see these treats to chow on.
Nutritional value and quality: Rich blend of plant-based products and supplements ensures an effective diet.
- 100% grain-free
- Protein source is mainly turkey and chicken, with additions of fruits and vegetables.
- Free of soy, wheat, corn, artificial additives and also meat by-products
Related Post: Best Low-Calorie Dog Treats in 2021
1. WHOLEHEARTED Adult Dry Dog Food
This is the best one from our list of best diabetic dog foods. You spend some of the most joyful moments with your four-legged friend, so you owe him a nutritious diet that will give him a long and healthy life!
Nutritional value and quality: The blend is grain-free and protein comes from chicken and peas.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin are into the formula for stronger joints.
- Rich in probiotics for a healthy gut microflora.
- Additionally, it is rich in omega 3 as well as 6 fatty acids.
In conclusion, dogs are a man’s best friend—a saying which will never go old. The tricks and feats they are involved in to make their ‘hooman’ friends laugh are priceless. We owe them something too, and what could be better than feeding them nutritious protein-rich food like diabetic dog foods which will not only satisfy their palate but keep their body-sugar in check and their bones and joints healthy?