Best Bearded Dragon Sand in 2020
There is a wide variety of bearded dragon sand that is available in the market. Sand is a great friend of the bearded dragons as it facilitates most of their activities considering they spend a considerable part of their life under the sand.
Adding sand into their living place stimulates an environment similar to that they have in the wild. Purchasing this product for them keeps them stress-free, thus bettering their health.
Here is a guide on the best-bearded dragon sand examples available in the market and which produce spectacular results when used.
The Best Bearded Dragon Sand Review
9. Zoo Med ReptiSand, 10 Pounds
One of the safest and cleanest solutions for sand substrates to use in their habitat that provides them the ideal natural environment.
It is natural and uses no artificial dyes to change color or composition. The natural white color gives them a perfect natural environment that aids in stress reduction. It quickly attracts them as they start digging at the moment it is added.
- This bearded dragon sand has an attractive white color.
- The bearded dragon sand uses no artificial elements like dyes.
- Safe for them on their accidental ingestion
8. Exo Terra Desert Sand, 10-Pound, Black
When added, it creates a natural and attractive desert look that automatically attracts the dragon reliving their stress and fear.
It automatically stimulates the natural habits of your dragon, such as burrowing and digging, which are essential for their development and psychological health. The black color helps in heat regulation by absorbing and releasing heat periodically.
- This bearded dragon sand sifts the impurities to the top.
- Helps in temperature control keeping your pet safe and comfortable
- The black color adds to the style and beauty of their habitat.
7. Zoo Med Vita-Sand in Gobi Gold
The gold-colored substrate provides a safe and attractive surface on which these animals can dig and have fun safely.
Its composition includes natural calcium carbonate and extra vitamin. However, fat-soluble vitamins are not present as these create disastrous effects on the health of bearded dragons. Eliminates any artificial colors rendering it safe for use in a dragon’s habitat.
- This bearded dragon sand has an attractive gold color.
- Eliminates any artificial component that would affect the dragon’s health.
- Excellent for controlling heat in their housing and environment
Check out: Top 10 Best Bearded Dragon Bed in 2020
6. Zoo Med ReptiSand, Natural Red, 10 Pounds
It stands out from other substrates used in habitats of bearded dragons due to its outstanding and highly attractive color.
This product comes from natural materials that form the perfect substrate for your dragon’s living area. Additionally, they assist greatly when it comes to thermal conductivity, ensuring the dragons live healthily and comfortably. Easy to clean since it folds waste into balls that stay on top.
- It has incredible heat regulation and thermal conductivity.
- Naturally attractive with a bright and natural color
- It contains no additions of chemicals or artificial dyes.
5. Fluker’s Natural Reptile Sand Bedding
The product stimulates the desert’s sand in color and texture, which in turn encourages them to play on it all through the day.
Uses natural sand with no extra chemicals or artificial components that would have health complications on your pet. It also acts as a great heat conductor helping to regulate temperatures creating incredible bedding.
- Easy to scoop, thus making it quick and easy to clean.
- This Bearded dragon sand has the temperature control property providing conducive bedding.
- Attractive color and texture
4. Reptile Sciences Terrarium Sand for Aquarium
The manufacturer of this product avails a product that is natural and free of any chemicals, thus guaranteeing the health of your dragon.
It is manufactured from natural orbicular grain with the elimination of silica and phosphates. The appealing white color comes naturally with no boosing through the use of artificial coloring agents. Your bearded dragon gets to enjoy added minerals that include strontium and potassium.
- Ideal for neutralizing odors
- Has additions of helpful minerals
- All natural elements for the health of your pet
3. Imagitarium Black Calcium Reptile Sand
Fill your dragon cage with this natural and affordable substrate with outstanding properties and features.
Bearded dragons automatically love it, for it creates an incredible living environment for them while encouraging them to dig. It has excellent thermal conductivity hence creating conducive living conditions. The substrates also provide a soft cushion.
- Perfect thermal conductivity
- Natural and attractive look and color
- It offers a soft and self-temperature controlled cushion.
2. Zilla Snake and Lizard Litter
Beared dragons experts highly recommend this product due to the positive results seen on its application.
Using it comes in handy to control strong odors and smells. It also helps to control humid conditions that would easily go unnoticed. When it comes to thermal conductivity, it works perfectly to ensure the comfort of the dragon while creating a soft and temperature-controlled bed.
- Effective in controlling heat and temperatures in a dragon’s habitat
- Excellent particle size for quick cleaning
- Controls odors that emanate from their habitat efficiently
1. Zilla Ground English Walnut Shells Desert Blend
It is a product developed to create the best living conditions for a bearded dragon through the use of natural and safe materials.
The use of sand and crushed walnuts makes it work perfectly in evenly distributing heat in the pet’s cage. These materials also create a soft bed that has temperatures evenly distributed, giving the dragon an incredible environment.
- Temperature control and even distribution of heat
- Smaller and softer grain particles for a comfortable environment
- Uses natural and harmless materials
Don’t forget to see: Top 10 Bearded Dragon Hammock In 2020
When purchasing a substrate, sand comes in mind as it offers the best solution. Ensure that the product picked does not contain harmful chemicals that could come in the form of dyes.
Be sure of the components of the product chosen by cross-checking it with others available. Such caution enables you to purchase that which will deliver value.