Amphibians will eat any live Amphibians Food they can find. They will catch and swallow all kinds of insects, earthworms, bugs, slugs, and snails. But it’s not always possible if you are rearing them in an apartment.
We need to rely on store-bought foods that are prepared especially for them. They will get proper nutrition and growth. In this article, we have listed the best amphibian foods on, the market, so give it a read.
Best Amphibians Food Review
10. Fluker’s Gourmet Canned Food
The Fluker’s Gourmet Canned Food gives your pet a nice and moist meal saving you the trouble and stress of managing live food. The jar is about 1.2 oz. There is a choice for crickets, grasshoppers, and shrimps. They are a delicate palate. You can store them in a refrigerator.
- They are easy to store
- They can be fed to any amphibians
- Perfect for household pets since we can’t just breed insects.
- The contents are less than mentioned
Related post: Best Amphibian Hideouts
9. Zilla Reptile Food Munchies Omnivore Mix With Calcium
The Zilla Reptile Food Munchies is a nutritious meal for your pet. They are made of ingredients that are nutritious and dehydrated, do not even need refrigeration, and just need to be rehydrated in water.
No need for any preparation. Calcium helps prevent metabolic bone disease in reptiles. They are ideal for reptiles such as Bearded Dragons, Tegus, Box Turtles, and Water Dragons.
- Nutritious and dehydrated ingredients
- Easy to prepare
- No need to refrigerate
- Some complaints about the added tiny bits.
8. Can O’ Crickets
The Can O’ Crickets are retorted crickets or mealworms. They use a unique cooking process that locks in flavor and freshness. The exoskeleton is softened that helps in easy digestibility. They can act as the full diet for your pets.
- The cans have their freshness and flavor retained
- The pets like the food (as per reviews)
- The size of the crickets is not consistent inside
7. Fluker’s Freeze-Dried Food
The Fluker’s Freeze-Dried Food is a great alternative to live insects. They are great for reptiles, hedgehogs, birds, and sugar gliders. Not everyone likes feeding their pets live worms. For them, this is perfect. The item weight is 27.22 grams.
- Perfect substitute if you don’t like live bugs
- They are flavorful
- Packaging is great
- Too big for some animals
6. Fluker’s Aquatic Turtle Food – Buffet Blend
Fluker’s Buffet Blend Aquatic Turtle Food is a mixture of vitamin and fortified pellets, river shrimp, and frozen mealworms. They ensure a balance of important ingredients. They have proteins, fat, minerals, and vitamins.
The addition of calcium provides shell development while the vitamin-enriched pellets float for easy feeding. They are a healthy and nutritious meal for your turtle.
- A proper balance of essential ingredients
- Healthy and nutritious meal
- The mixture includes more pallets than worms and shrimp.
5. Fluker’s Freeze-Dried Crickets
Fluker’s Freeze-Dried Crickets is a great alternative to live insects. Some people are not comfortable with live insects in their house and for their pets. For them, this is a portion of great amphibian food. They can be fed to all kinds of reptiles, birds, tropical fish, sugar gliders, and hedgehogs.
- Available in different pack and price range
- A great alternative to living insects
- The container contains a lot of cricket legs and bits
Check this out: Best Vivarium
4. Zilla Reptile Food Juvenile Iguana Fortified
Zilla Reptile Food Juvenile Iguana Fortified is mainly herbivores focused. The Juvenile iguanas consume plants in the wild. This food is prepared with ingredients they need to promote growth. The feeding amounts vary according to the animal. You can start with one tablespoon and then adjust according to the need.
- Can act as a single diet
- Promotes growth
- A lot of Iguana is picky towards this.
3. Fluker’s Buffet Blend Adult Bearded Dragon Formula
Fluker’s Buffet Blend Adult Bearded Dragon Formula is a unique blend that will ensure the pet receives all the essential protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals. The Fluker’s blend is available in 2.9 ounces. You know it’s reliable since Fluker has a well-maintained reputation in amphibian food.
- The jar is shatterproof
- Jam-packed with vitamins
- A balanced diet
- They are a complete diet
- Needs to be closed properly or the contents become stale
2. Tetra ReptoMin Floating Food Sticks
Tetra ReptoMin Floating Food Sticks Amphibians Food is a scientifically formulated food for small pets. They can be fed to aquatic turtles, newts, and frogs. They are made with proper amounts of nutrients, vitamin C, and calcium. High-quality proteins promote amino acids.
The food sticks can be fed one to two times a day according to the dosage of your pet’s requirements. They are proven to be accepted by many species. So, they are good amphibians’ food.
- Contains high-quality proteins along with essential amino acids
- Scientifically formulated
- Made with proper amounts of nutrients, vitamins, and calcium
- Not every turtle like it
1. Fluker’s Orange Cube Complete Cricket Diet
It is formulated for easy digestion by all feeder insects. There are foods, vitamins, and water in one diet.
- The cubes smell bad
You might be interested in: Best Reptile Heat Lamps
We have listed the best amphibian food for your pets in this article. They are nutritious and well-reviewed. All of the products have had trusted users. Check out the article and see the pros and cons, then make a decision that is perfect for your pet. We hope the article has been helpful.